IMPORTANT NOTICE IN RELATION TO TOURIST LOOSE LEAF VISA FOR VIETNAM
Until 30 June 2021, a visa is not required for British, French, German, Italian, Spanish citizens travelling to Vietnam (single entry, for all purposes, and passport having at least six-month validity) for up to 15 days (inclusive of dates of entry and exit)
All other foreign nationals, including children, require a visa to enter Vietnam. It is each individual passenger’s responsibility to obtain the appropriate Tourist Visa and to make sure that when you receive it, all details are correct.
The information provided in this document relates to Irish passport holders. All other applicants should contact Travel Department for advice.
Your passport must contain two blank pages and be valid for 6 months from your return date of travel. The Vietnam E-visa is valid for a maximum of 30 days for single entry.You must enter and exit Vietnam within the range of dates stated on your visa. Amendments to the visa can be made only when the visa is still valid. (a fee applies).
Fees and charges once received are non refundable. Fees will not be refunded in cases where the applicant is refused thee-visa. The Embassy reserves the right of refusal for any visa application.
How can I obtain my tourist E-visa?
OPTION 1 – Apply online on the official Vietnam Immigration website
Complete the online form at evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/home
Click ‘e-visa’ to begin, followed by ‘personally apply for E-visa’.
Complete the relevant questions and note your registration code, before making your payment.
Complete the form and upload the following documents:
1. A colored digital photograph (without glasses)
- Format – JPEG or GIF
- Requires portrait size smaller than 50KB
2. Scanned first page of passport (with picture)
- Format – JPEG or GIF
- Size : Smaller than 200KB
Pay the E-visa fee (25.96 USD). Your application will be processed in 3 working days. It will also give you an order number which you should note for your records.
Having waited 3 working days, you can retrieve your e-visa here: evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-thi-thuc
Enter the registration code given in Step 1, registration email and date of birth.
When the E-visa is approved, print this form and present it on arrival in Vietnam.
Note: If there is any missing or incorrect/unidentified information, your application will not be accepted.
Please see below some information to be provided in your online application (referred to as ‘intended temporary residential address in Vietnam’)
OPTION 2 – Travel Department can complete the online application on your behalf
Summary of the Visa Application Process
- Complete the Travel Department application form provided.
- Return the following items to Travel Department, Harmony Court, Harmony Row, Dublin 2.
- Completed Travel Department Holidays application form
- Photocopy of first page of passport (with photo)
- A passport photo (without glasses
Using the information provided in the form, Travel Department will complete the online application form on your behalf and send you confirmation by return.
- The fee for an Irish passport holder is €60 per person.
- For all other nationalities prices may vary, please contact our office for a quotation.
- Fees can be paid by credit or debit card, cheque or bank draft in Euro, made payable to Travel Department.
- If you wish to pay the appropriate fee by credit or debit card, please call our Customer Care Team on 01 637 1600 with your booking reference and card details.
- Travel Department will not be held responsible for the loss of or damage to any document sent by post. We strongly recommend you use registered post when sending valuable documents by post.
- For those who choose to apply for their visa independently, Travel Department accepts no responsibility for delays caused by incorrect supply of information and/or delays in obtaining sufficient information to process visas. The responsibility lies solely with the customer to supply the correct information on time in order to obtain a valid visa for travel. It is the responsibility of customers who choose to apply for visas independently to familiarise themselves with up to date opening hours and periodic closures of the Embassy or Agency and any changes in price for individual visa applications. Travel Department accepts no liability for any issues encountered by customers who do not obtain a visa in time for their holiday. Customers may be refused entry into their destination if a complete and correct visa application is not processed in time.
- If you have failed to complete the application properly the documents will be returned to you and you will need to make a second application. The fee will be charged each time you apply.
Guidelines for photographs
o The height and width of the photo must be equal.
o Photo should present full face, front view, eyes open (without glasses)
o Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
o Background should be plain light colored or white background.
o No shadows on the face or on the background.
o Without borders.
o Passport photograph must be in colour
Important notice regarding your airline tickets:
All airlines flying to Vietnam require details from your passport in advance of travel: your passport number, the expiry date of your passport, place of issue, your nationality and your date of birth. If you have not already provided us with this information, please visit My Travel Department section of our website www.traveldepartment.ie/login
Alternatively, you can call us on 01 6371600.
Travel Department may take this information from your passport if it is in our possession.